Using MixerFace with Instagram Live
In this tech note we will show you how to use MixerFace with Instagram Live™.
MixerFace is an excellent solution for improving your audio quality while streaming via Instagram Live, thanks to its mobile nature and professional quality sonic capabilities. The Jasmine pre-amps on each of the channels offer a drastic improvement from the audio recording built in to modern day mobile phones used for Instagram Live. Both your audience and yourself will hear and appreciate the difference.
What you will need:
- USB cable
- USB adapter (lightning, USB-C, OTG depending on your mobile device)
- Microphone Cable
- Headphones or Studio Monitors for monitoring
- 2nd microphone or an instrument (for CH. 2)
- In this case you would need another cable (mic or instrument)
- Power on MixerFace
- Connect microphone to CH. 1 via mic cable
- If using a condenser mic turn 48V phantom power on
- Adjust Gain Knob on MixerFace to taste
- Connect MixerFace to mobile device via USB (use proper adapter if necessary)
- Open up the Instagram app
- Start an Instagram Live session with high quality audio!
If you would like to monitor your audio while you are streaming via Instagram Live with MixerFace you have a couple of options. You can use the headphone jack (see pic below), or if you prefer not to wear headphone while on your live stream, you can use the balanced outputs to send the audio to a pair of speakers/monitors.
As you can see in the picture below, you can take full advantage of both of MixerFace’s channels in order to stream two sound sources on Instagram. This is especially useful for scenarios such as musicians wanting to play a guitar/bass on Instagram live while interacting with their audience or even having a real-time podcast on Instagram Live! Without MixerFace one would be limited to the mobile phone’s microphone and not have the ability to live stream multiple sound sources with such clarity. Another awesome feature MixerFace adds to the mix is the ability to mix in yet another sound source via the AUX 3/4 input located on the back panel (see pic above). This allows the streamer to blend in another sound source such as background music or sound effects which can raise the production value of an Instagram Live stream.
Contact us. As always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to drop us a line. You can reach us via the email box at the bottom of this page or via the contact us form. We are serious about customer support and will help you get going quickly.