How To Use MixerFace with Zoom
Zoom is an amazing tool for staying connected that has become very popular this year; due largely to the fact most of the world is working and communicating with each other remotely. If you have been using Zoom for video conferencing, you likely have had some less than ideal experiences with the built in audio — including audio sounding muffled or plagued by echoes.
This is where our handy MixerFace steps in and allows you to use your favorite microphone to transmit your voice with much more clarity. In addition you can monitor Zoom’s audio through MixerFace’s audiophile-approved headphone output, so that you can understand others better. This results clearer conversations and more efficient conferencing.
What You Will Need
- Phone, Tablet, or Computer with Zoom
- USB cable (adapter as necessary)
- Microphone cable
Step 1: Make sure Zoom app is downloaded on your USB device of choice, in this example an iPhone
Step 2: Get your MixerFace ready by connecting your microphone to CH.1 and setting your gain levels to taste. Also, connect your headphones so that you can monitor your Zoom session via MixerFace.
Step 3: Connect your MixerFace to the USB device. Here an Apple Lightning adapter connects MixerFace to the iPhone. Depending on your device you may need a USB C or OTG cable. See here for more on connections.
Step 4: Start your Zoom session and enjoy improved audio! You can double check MixerFace is being used for audio in Zoom by tapping the mic/speaker icon (see pic below).
- As on most apps when using iphone/ipad, the audio defaults to the most recent audio device connected. Be sure to connect your MixerFace before opening Zoom and starting your session.
- When using the desktop version of Zoom, setup is even simpler, as there is an audio tab within settings for you to choose MixerFace as your audio interface. (see pic below)
- Enable option to preserve original sound within Zoom to preserve the clean MixerFace sound and bypass Zoom’s audio filters, highly recommended by CEntrance, details on this here
Contact us. As always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to drop us a line. You can reach us via the email box at the bottom of this page or via the contact us form. We are serious about customer support and will help you get going quickly.