People have been asking about the release timeline.
Of course, the timeline is the question on everyone’s mind.
Here is a recap of where we stand:
- We just got in the analog boards (third revision) and will be testing them this week. I hope this is the last revision — it was a “clean up” round.
- Meantime, we are working on firmware optimizations for the digital board. Firmware is the code that runs inside the dual-core processor that powers the HiFi-M8. The firmware is responsible not only for streaming audio, but also for housekeeping tasks, such as power consumption optimizations, sleep modes, battery charging logic, etc.
- Aluminum chassis parts are being finished up and should be heading our way soon.
- We are experimenting with a larger battery to give you longer playing time.
- The sound quality is pretty much where we want it, and as Tyll Herstens reported, things are in good shape on that.
All in all, we are done with the architecture, have answered most questions and have transitioned to the optimization land at this point.
I’m really hoping that Q1 commitment will be held up. This is our highest priority right now.